This non-credit two week PVC Welding micro-credential program is a value added employment opportunity offered in collaboration with the Saskatchewan Research Council.
The program is delivered over a two-week span, one week of theory-based learning paired with one week of practical hands on application.
This course is for:
- individuals with little to no plastic welding experience, and
- individuals looking to improve their welding ability and/or further their knowledge
- Current registered student in a Welding program
- Completing Welding Applied Certificate program
Courses offered include:
- Shop, Equipment & Environmental Safety
- Limitations & Quality control
- Auto body Repair
- Plastic Repair Business
- 3D Printing
- Other Industry Opportunities
- Parent & Filler Materials
- Preparing Materials for welding
- Welding Technique
- Visual Inspection & Destructive Testing
- Practical Tasks in the Lab
- Practical Experience On-Site
*The material was developed in collaboration with and under usage agreement from StanMech Technologies Inc.
**This course is modelled after the DVS Plastic Welding Certification Training Course.
- This course is not DVS certified
- Attendees do not receive a DVS certification
- The instructor has complete the DVS course
For more information, please contact the Meadow Lake Campus: 306-234-5100
Next intake: June 17 - 28, 2024
Meadow Lake Campus