Good English language skills are very important to help newcomers settle in Saskatchewan. Strong English language skills are important for many reasons, such as:
• getting a job,
• going to school,
• accessing services,
• helping your children with school work,
• meeting and interacting with people,
• getting your Canadian citizenship.
North West College provides basic to advanced English language classes focusing on speaking, listening, reading and writing based on real-life learning opportunities. Classes are part-time, 6 hours per week, and are available from September to May.
Free Language classes, funded by federal and provincial governments, are based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks and are offered in-class or online. (*Ask about getting a certificate to support citizenship applications.)
Steps to Attend Classes:
1. Application form: Please click this EAL APPLICATION FORM LINK to download and complete the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Get a CLBPT Assessment (Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test) - when the application is received, you will be scheduled for an assessment. The assessment will determine your current language skills. The Test takes approximately 2 hours.
3. Attend Classes - attendance expectation is 75%. If you are unable to attend due to distance, lack of childcare or conflict with work schedules, ask about referrals to online classes.
English Language Classes
Location: Battleford Campus
Mondays & Wednesdays: 9:00am - noon
Mondays & Wednesdays: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9:00am - noon
September 2022 - May 2023
For more information, please contact Brent: email@example.com