As the operator of a mobile elevating work platform (MEWP), you have sole responsibility for carrying out tasks safely and efficiently. Establishing good habits and maintaining a consistent, focused approach to safe operations of the MEWP are critical. Through a combination of theory and practical application, this course provides basic operator training for working with Type 3, Group B MEWPs with a focus on managing hazards and selecting, inspecting, and operating a MEWP.
Classroom portion in the morning starts at 8:00a.m. Practical component of the course is at an off site location in North Battleford. Participants are required to complete practical training on the same day as the classroom training and must provide own transportation to the off site location.
Upon successful completion of the course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
• Operator responsibilities
• Managing hazards
• Rescue planning
• MEWP capabilities
• MEWP selection
• Pre-use inspections
• Operation and stowing
Date: May 16, 2022
Cost: $230 (subject to change)
- Valid Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection certificate or valid OSSA Fall Protection certificate (OSSA dated no later than October 31, 2019)
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required for this course (Hard Hat, Steel Toed Boots, Gloves, Glasses and harness) coveralls recommended
- Program Length: approx. 8 hrs (classroom length 4-5 hours then practical to follow)
- Certification Duration: 3 Years
- Certified by: Energy Safety Canada